ASP.Net Troubleshooting from Dummies
If your webserver error after completing installation of VS 2003 or VS 2005 (the error is HTTP 500 something):
- open the visual studio command prompt (different from your usual cmd)
- register the asp with syntax aspnet_regiis -i
- if you had both aspnet 1.1 and 2.0 register both, each one with their respective command prompt.
- restart the iis with command iisreset.
- Voila, your site is up and running (hopefully)
Maybe you install two instances of .Net framework 1.1 and 2.0 version?
If that the case, check your web application configuration and choose the right framework.
You don’t know how to do it?
- Go to Control Panel – Administrative Tools – Internet Information Server
- Expand “your computer name” – Websites – Default Websites and look for your virtual directory
- Right-click and select properties.
- Choose the Tab ASP.Net.
- Choose ASP.Net version to the right version, then click OK.
- Voila, maybe this time it will works (hopefully)
If not, feel free to google again 😀
Now you know why I don’t like web programming, it just go from error to error.